Click for video archives & Senior Minister's blog
Thursday, July 24, 2014
WoW! Worship on Wednesdays!
Here are this week's quick links:
1. Generosity - Even though life slows down in the summer, our activities at church do not. We hope as you enjoy WoW, Rummage Sale, Summer Camp, Vacation Bible School, Organ Recitals, etc…that you’ll remember to keep your Generosity Pledge current…or even ahead of schedule, if possible.
2. Worship on Wednesday - Next week, on , join us for the WoW Finale! Musical guests: "House Blend" with Charles Lazarus, Taylor Robert and Tapestry. Grab a hot dog off the grill and enjoy a picnic dinner and music at Worship begins at followed by more music and fellowship!
3. Summer Organ Concert Series - Come and enjoy a short, free organ concert this afternoon, July 23, from in the Sanctuary. Our guest organist is Tom Ferry from Como Park Lutheran Church. Next , is the finale concert of the summer series. Our guest organist is John Schultz from Normandale Lutheran Church.
4. Summer New Member Events - We invite you to become a member of our loving community of faith! We are receiving new members in worship at WoW on . Be our guest at WoW and take a tour of the church led by Rev. Lindy Purdy OR just take the tour! Our next tour is RSVP by July 23, to participate. Click the link above for more information, to see the schedule and to RSVP.
5. Labor Day Church Camp - At WCC, Church Camp is an invitation to the intentional community of faith that we nurture and grow through special time and JESUS - centered experiences with each other. While families and friends of all shapes, sizes and ages are welcome, it is specifically a place for all generations and life stages to come together to practice love for one incredible camp weekend. For more information or to register, click the link above.
6. Host Team volunteers needed! (Newly formed) Host Team volunteers will staff the Visitors’ Table in Founders’ Hall 815-284-2994 or email@example.com. mornings and meet visitors at WoW services. Duties will include answering visitors’ questions and helping them sign up for Beacon mailings and New Member Tours. You can expect to serve once or twice a month, or as often as you choose. This is a great way for our Snowbirds to serve the church. To learn more about this important service, or to sign up, please contact Margaret Green, Membership Committee Chair at
7. Ushers Needed for We would like to add some new ushers to teams serving the Sanctuary Service - sanctuary services. Ushering is an important ministry welcoming members and guests, distributing bulletins, taking the morning offering, and assisting the seating of the congregation. Team members should arrive 30-40 minutes before the service and report to the Team Captain, who makes the assignments for the day. Following the service Team Members also pick up attendance rosters and bulletins left behind, restoring the Sanctuary for the next event. Teams serve two Sundays in a row, but only serve 2-3 times each year. We try to have fully staffed teams so we can always cover when people travel or have conflicts and cannot serve. If interested, please contact Head Ushers Steve Beachler (763-473-3069; email firstname.lastname@example.org) or JimCada (952-470-8924; email email@example.com)
8. Did you miss Church last Sunday? Here are some of the highlights: Of Monoliths and Mustard Seeds
View the June/July issue of the eBeacon