December 17, 2014
Here are this week's quick links:
1. Giving Campaign - Annual Giving - Year end is a critical time for the church. We count on receiving almost 25% of our donations in the form of special, year-end gifts. We are still waiting to hear from a number of members regarding their 2015 intentions. The budget that begins on January 1, won’t be complete until we hear from everyone.
Raise the Roof Capital Campaign - The generosity of this congregation is inspiring! To date we have raised over $7.5 Million dollars toward our $8.2 Million goal. If you haven't yet participated with a pledge, please consider doing so before the end of the year.
2. Blue Christmas - Join us Thursday, December 18 at 7:00 p.m. for a special candlelight worship service. The celebrations of this season often shine a light on the needs and longings of our lives and our world, so that we feel them more deeply. We invite you into the simple warmth and beauty of this Advent Candlelight Worship.
3. Seeing the Word - Let your spiritual imagination be ignited this Advent as we look and listen together for God's word to our lives, using the illuminations of the Saint John's Bible and an ancient meditative practice called visio divina (divine seeing) that engages images to reflect upon Scripture. Wednesdays at 4:30 & 7:15 p.m.
4. Alison Scott's "A Soulful Christmas" - Friday, December 19, 7:30 p.m. Alison Scott's Soulful Christmas has turned into a new holiday tradition for fans across the Midwest. The beautiful mix of real soul music and Christmas cheer makes this a must - hear show. Tickets are $18 in advance and $22 at the door, and can be ordered at:www.alisonscott.com.
5. Christmas Eve Worship- We are offering nine worship services on Christmas Eve beginning at 10:30 a.m. through 11:00 p.m. We also have Christmas Day Worship at 10:00 a.m. Click the link to see the full schedule.
6. Volunteer To Provide Food on Christmas Eve
For several years, the Fellowship Board has been privileged to organize food for the 20+ staff and volunteers who are at the church most of the day and late into the evening on December 24th. Please bring donations to the staff Break Room on second floor. Lunch will need to be available between 11-11:30 a.m. Suggested items: meat and cheese deli tray, bread for sandwiches, soups, crock pot entrees and fresh fruit.
7. Did you miss Church last Sunday? Here are some of the highlights: The Worship of God
View the December issue of the eBeacon: