1. Worship on Wednesday - Join us for WoW tonight and get your midweek BOOST at this celebratory time of worship appropriate for all ages. WoW is every Wednesday from 6:25 - 7:00 p.m. WoW is designed to be invitational, inspirational and intergenerational...your midweek BOOST.
2. Featured Class of the Week - Living with Alzheimer's and Dementia, Led by Frank Bennett and Mary Leonard, January 28 and February 4, at 4:30 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. in the Chapel.
Learn from experts and people affected by Alzheimer's and Dementia. Topics will include signs of memory loss, community resources for education and support, care of the caregiver, communication, healthcare information and spiritual support
3. Blankets, Blankets and More Blankets! - Last call! Bring your blankets to church today, Wednesday, Jan. 28th. Due to the huge increase in homelessness in the Twin Cities, the Salvation Army is asking for our help to keep people warm this winter. Please consider donating a blanket in the month of January! Last year we donated 400 blankets and hope to reach 500 this year.
4. Coffee House Concerts - For the next four Friday evenings, Founders Hall will be transformed into a European Coffee House, offering a fabulous variety of music, steamy coffee drinks, and delicious desserts! Doors open at 7:00 p.m., and the music begins at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10.00 per person (includes coffee and desserts) and are available at the door. On January 30, hear the top Twin Cities band Fathom Lane with Ashleigh Still and Michael Ferrier. Read more about Fathom Lane.
5. Finding God on the Special Needs Journey. Mondays in the Colonnade, at 6:30 to 8:00 p.m., February 2, 9, 16, 23 and March 23.
Join Leslie Neugent as we discuss how God walks with families who have children with special needs. Parents will learn seven practices to strengthen them for the journey ahead, as well as have the opportunity to connect with other special needs parents. All are welcome.
6. Nominating Fair. Where is your heart calling out to you? The Nominating Committee invites you to find out! Join us on Sundays, February 8 and 15, to learn more about the good work our boards and committees are engaged in. Representatives will be available after worship in Founder's Hall to tell you about exciting new ways to get involved at WCC. Come for worship and stay to learn and grow!
7. Did you miss church on Sunday? Here are some of the highlights:Camp Sunday
View the January issue of the eBeacon: