Click for video archives & Senior Minister's blog
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Here are this week's quick links:
1. Generosity - Even though life slows down in the summer, our activities at church do not. We hope as you enjoy WoW, Rummage Sale, Summer Camp, Vacation Bible School, Organ Recitals, etc…that you’ll remember to keep your Generosity Pledge current…or even ahead of schedule, if possible.
2. Worship on Wednesday - Join us TONIGHT for the WoW Finale!Come and hear our "House Blend" musicians, featuring Charles Lazarus, Taylor Robert and Tapestry. Grab a hot dog off the grill and enjoy a picnic dinner and music at 6:00 p.m. Worship begins at 6:40 p.m. followed by more music and fellowship! See you on the front lawn!
3. Childcare Location Update for THIS Sunday - The childcare room has been temporarily moved to accommodate our annual Rummage Sale. This Sunday, August 3, childcare will be located in the Middle School room, across the hallway from the Gym, (Lordway Theater). If you have any questions, please call the church office at: 952-473-8877.
4. The Rummage Sale - Our 93rd annual Rummage Sale is next week, Wednesday, August 6, from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. and Thursday, August 7, from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Volunteers are still needed to help with The Sale! Everyone is invited - men, women, teens & kids, to be a part of this community ministry through work, fun and fellowship! Click the link above for details.
5. Summer Choir - Join the Summer Choir for Worship on Sunday morning, August 17! Come and sing in this Inter- generational opportunity! This is for all stages and ages, NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY, Men, Women, Youth and Children. Come to a very brief rehearsal Sunday morning, August 17, at 8:30 a.m. in the Choir room, and we will prepare and easy song to sing during 10:00 a.m. worship. For more information, contact Autumn Toussaint at: email@example.com.
6. Labor Day Church Camp - At WCC, Church Camp is an invitation to the intentional community of faith that we nurture and grow through special time and JESUS - centered experiences with each other. While families and friends of all shapes, sizes and ages are welcome, it is specifically a place for all generations and life stages to come together to practice love for one incredible camp weekend. For more information or to register, click the link above.
7. Host Team volunteers needed! (Newly formed) Host Team volunteers will staff the Visitors’ Table in Founders’ Hall on Sunday mornings and meet visitors at WoW services. Duties will include answering visitors’ questions and helping them sign up for Beacon mailings and New Member Tours. You can expect to serve once or twice a month, or as often as you choose. This is a great way for our Snowbirds to serve the church. To learn more about this important service, or to sign up, please contact Margaret Green, Membership Committee Chair at 815-284-2994 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Ushers Needed for 10:45 a.m. Sanctuary Service - We would like to add some new ushers to teams serving the sanctuary services. Ushering is an important ministry welcoming members and guests, distributing bulletins, taking the morning offering, and assisting the seating of the congregation. Team members should arrive 30-40 minutes before the service and report to the Team Captain, who makes the assignments for the day. Following the service Team Members also pick up attendance rosters and bulletins left behind, restoring the Sanctuary for the next event. Teams serve two Sundays in a row, but only serve 2-3 times each year. We try to have fully staffed teams so we can always cover when people travel or have conflicts and cannot serve. If interested, please contact Head Ushers Steve Beachler (763-473-3069; email email@example.com) or Jim Cada (952-470-8924; email firstname.lastname@example.org)
9. Did you miss Church last Sunday? Here are some of the highlights: The Good Samaritan in 3 Dimensions
View the June/July issue of the eBeacon