Cost: Approximately $150. The price will be dependent on the # of birds brought in and cleaned. (Pheasants are $21 each plus processing of $3.50/bird.) No doubt, there will be taxes in there somewhere.
Six birds to be released for each participant with 4-5 shooters per field. We’ll be charged for all six birds regardless of the # harvested.
If you come early for lunch, that will be at your own expense. Figure an additional $10-15.
Clay target shooting before/after the hunt is another option. $10 for 25 rounds. If you need shells, trap loads are $11/box.
· Blaze orange vest and hat
· Nontoxic shot (available at the Club House.) Typically, #6 steel shot is used. 12 gauge=$16.50/box.
· You’ll need to sign a release but a MN hunting license is not required.
· Trained hunting dogs welcomed but only in the field. Trained hunters optional. In reality, if you invite someone inexperienced to shooting, they’re invited, too. Instructions can easily be arranged…with your help.
· Protective sunglasses encouraged. Also available for purchase at the lodge.