VIEW ONLINE WORSHIP | SHARING OUR STORIES
seach

Camp Leadership

We are excited to introduce you to our 2023 Summer Camp Leadership team and amazing Camp Staff!
Their initiative, wisdom, talent, and enthusiasm for camp ministry will lead us into the best week of the summer!

STEVEN OLAN, Camp Director
Steven “Nash” Olan is entering his second year as the Camp director for Wayzata Community Church. Nash has always been drawn to camp ministries in a variety of ways. Whether serving on program staff at sleep-away camps, or his summers with Sportslife Camp doing VBS for various churches in the Midwest, Camp has always called to Steven. Now, to be part of WCC—a vibrant faith community—and the opportunity to lead a ministry area that has meant so much to students and leaders in our church is such an honor! As he moves forward in his role, Steven hopes to strike a balance of holding true to what has made WCC’s camp great as well as finding new ways to engage our students and grow faith through the ministry of Camp! 

ATTICUS HODGES, Associate Camp Director
Atticus (he/him) loves to watch films, read books, go on long outdoor trips, and rewatching Avatar and Gravity Falls to distract him from all his math courses. Atticus just graduated from the University of Minnesota-Duluth with a degree in both Statistics and English. He hopes to one day make his own feature film, make positive impacts on people throughout his career, and travel. Atticus is looking forward to practicing servant leadership through serving others at camp.

ABBY MAGNUSSON, Program Director 
This will be Abby’s (she/her) second year as a Cabin Leader and her first year on Program Team! She just finished her sophomore year at Indiana University and will be transferring to the University of Minnesota to resume her education in Criminal Justice and History. Her goal is to study abroad during college and attend graduate school or law school!

In her free time, Abby loves to make art, crochet, read, play video games, listen to her vinyls, go outdoors, and hang out with friends. I’m most looking forward to being on Program Team for the first time and getting to spend time with all her awesome campers!

GRETCHEN DWYER, Head Cabin Leader, Waterfront Director
Gretchen (she/her) will be starting her second year at camp and couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunity to work with such amazing people. Gretchen recently wrapped up her junior year at Luther College, studying Law and Justice while also singing in the choir and participating in student organizations. When she’s not focusing on pre-camp work, Gretchen is most often found at the piano or in her hammock. She loves to sing, travel, visit friends and family, and camp in the boundary waters. This summer, Gretchen is most looking forward to creating a safe and healthy environment for campers and staff, and getting to spend time with her campers! 

BEN RAMERT, Head Cabin Leader and Inclusion Coordinator
Hi, my name is Ben and this will be my third year on camp staff but first year as a Head Cabin Leader, and am very excited to take on the challenges that brings. My favorite camp activities include arts and crafts and dancing during Prime Time! Outside of camp I enjoy writing, D&D (very excited for this summer’s theme!) and biking! Can’t wait to enjoy summer at Chi Rho with all of you!

CHARLIE NIERMAN, Cabin Leader
Charlie (he/him) is attending the University of Minnesota-Duluth to major in Integrated Elementary and Special Education. Outside of camp you can find him listening to music (8/10 times he’s listening to Lizzy McAlpine), drinking coffee, doodling, cooking, singing, and soaking up the sun. He’s most looking forward to spending time with all of his awesome campers!

GRADY GESSFORD, Music and Business Director
(He/Him) Hi everyone, I’m Grady! This will be my first summer working at camp and I am very excited. Outside of camp, my passion is music. I currently attend Belmont University in Music City (Nashville, TN), where I study Music Business and play in several bands. Other than music, I love theater, hiking and spending time with friends. I also love The Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones, both the books and movies/TV. I am so excited to make new memories this summer!

BELLA BRINKMAN, Cabin Leader
Bella Brinkman (she/her) is a recent graduate of the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University in St. Joseph, Minnesota.  She majored in Sociology with a minor in Global Health on a Pre-Public Health Track. She is excited to be heading to Washington, DC in the fall where she will be working with low-income hospice patients through the
Jesuit Volunteer Corps. She enjoys (attempting to) bake gluten-free goodies, listening to podcasts on long walks and watching trashy reality tv dating shows. Bella is excited to spend the summer at camp and to simply have some fun! 

ANDREW ESTREM, Cabin Leader
I am a fan of basketball and enjoy a good Steve Nash highlight. I currently go to the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire. My words of wisdom to the youth of WCC is don’t pull the church fire alarms, I did that once and the Wayzata Fire Department didn’t like it. This summer I’m looking forward to stepping into a new role and making camp as epic as possible.

CODY CLARK, Cabin Leader
Cody Clark (he/him) is currently a Religion and Identity Studies double major at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa. He plans to get a Master’s degree in these fields and go into Youth Ministry. His main hobby is essentially being a nerd all day, all the time (his primary interests include anything Lego, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Harry Potter, etc. related) and he is truly looking forward to connecting with the campers over these subjects over the summer. He is also looking forward to experiencing camp from a new and different perspective while making core memories and life-long friendships while providing the campers with a meaningful experience.

ANNA DYRDAHL, Cabin Leader
Ana (she/her) just finished her first year at DePaul University in Chicago studying Film and Television. She enjoys all things music, making jewelry, watching movies, and spending time outdoors. This summer she is most looking forward to making great friendships with campers and staff.

JOSH VELNER, Lifeguard and Cabin Leader
Outside of camp I enjoy working out, spending time with friends and family, skiing, and just anything outdoors really. My favorite food would have to be spaghetti. Nobody makes it better than my grandma. This summer I’m looking forward to welcoming new challenges and grow strong bonds with my fellow staff and all of the campers and I can’t wait till the summer starts! 

GRACE GONDECK, Cabin Leader
Grace (she/her) will be joining the camp staff for her second year. She has been busy this past year working as a personal care assistant. When she is not working she loves to draw, thrift, and attempt to bake difficult pastries. She is most looking forward to the connections that will be made this summer and is excited to see some familiar faces!

GRACE COCHRANE, Cabin Leader
Grace (she/her) just completed her first year at Chapman University in Orange County, CA studying Strategic Communication and Music Business. Her long-term goal is to stay in the LA area working in the music industry. She enjoys listening to music, watching movies, reading, live music, and spending time outdoors. This summer, Grace is looking forward to making connections with campers and staff.

Contact / Location
Contact info

Address: 125 Wayzata Boulevard East
Wayzata, MN 55391
Church Office: 952-473-8877
Church Fax: 952-473-2695
WCC Nursery School: 952-473-2114
Nursery School Fax: 952-476-6598
Email: welcome@wayzatacommunitychurch.org

Worship / Calendar

Sunday Worship

ONLINE WORSHIP
8 a.m., 9 a.m., 10 a.m. Parables and 10:45 a.m.
on Facebook, Youtube and our website

Please visit WC-Connect for current calendar information.