VIEW ONLINE WORSHIP  |  LEADERSHIP TRANSITION
seach

Camp Staff

We are excited to introduce you to our amazing 2021 Summer Camp Staff!
We can’t wait to see you all at Chi Rho this summer for fun, inclusive, spirit-filled experiences!

CHRIS PAULSON, Camp Director
Chris Paulson (He/Him) is grateful to be returning to WCC Summer Camp for his 9th summer — 3rd as Camp Director. Chris studied music at Luther College and started his career as a High School music teacher and eventually shifted into music business & administration. Coming ‘home’ to WCC Summer Camp has been a true blessing for Chris, and he cannot wait to work alongside an incredible staff to share the incredible love of God with every single camper.

ELLIE O’BRIEN, Camp Program Director
Ellie O’Brien (she/her/hers) is thrilled to be joining the staff for her 5th summer camp! Ellie is our program director and is ready to play in the sun again with everyone! Ellie graduated in 2020 from Concordia College with a degree in social work and social activism. She is now a social worker in Minneapolis. Ellie enjoys petting dogs, eating peanut butter cups, and walking to the beat of some boppin’ tunes! Ellie can’t wait to see people at Chi Rho again this summer! It has been too long!

KATELYN PALASEK, Inclusion Coordinator, Waterfront Director, and Counselor
Katelyn Palasek
(she/her) will return for her third summer on staff, this summer as Inclusion Coordinator, Waterfront Director, and Counselor. She is finishing up her junior year at the University of Wisconsin – Madison where she is studying Special Education with a minor in Adapted Fitness. Her future goals include teaching both locally and abroad, and the top item on her bucket list is to visit every continent (maybe minus Antarctica). In her free time, she enjoys swimming, attempting to train her new puppy, drinking coffee, and all things outdoors. This summer, she is so excited to help create an inclusive camp environment for all campers as well as build relationships with new campers and reconnect with returners!

EMILY DYRDAHL, Program Team
Emily Dyrdahl (she/her) is extremely excited to return to WCC Summer Camp for a third year, this time on Program Team!
She just finished her junior year at Luther College where she is studying Psychology and Management. In her free time, Emily likes to drink coffee, share random facts about the stars, and she is also learning guitar! This summer Emily is excited for everything camp related, but especially for being able to reconnect with campers and to help spread some joy!

INGRID CHRISTOPHERSON, Head Counselor
Ingrid Christopherson (she/her) is super excited to return for her third summer on staff as Head Counselor this year.
Some of Ingrid’s favorite things include going on hikes, watching Disney movies, shopping at thrift stores, and chocolate-covered pretzels. She studies psychology at Luther College and hopes to be a school psychologist someday so she can hang out with awesome kids all day and help them learn and grow! Ingrid is most looking forward to “absolutely ROCKING out to music with campers, it’s been too long since we’ve all gotten to dance and sing together!”

ADDIE GILL, Work Crew Co-Director
Addie (she/her) is very excited to return to her third year on staff, this year as a Work Crew Co-Director. She studies Spanish and Microbiology with a minor in Health and the Humanities at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. In the future, she hopes to pursue a career as a Physician’s Assistant. In her free time, Addie likes to play the piano, paint, kayak, and go on long bike rides. In the future she hopes to spend more time backpacking and eventually see the Northern Lights. This summer she is most excited to reconnect with the camp community in ways that have been absent during the pandemic.

ABBY MAGNUSSON, Camp Counselor
Abby (she/her) is so excited for her first year as a camp counselor!
Abby’s favorite hobbies include painting, mocking, spending time outdoors, and arts and crafts. Abby just finished her freshman year at Indiana University and is currently majoring in Criminal Justice and History with a minor in German.  Abby is most looking forward to being back at Chi Rho and ready experience her first year as a camp counselor!

SOPHIA GAMBIANA, Camp Counselor
Sophia (she/her) is super excited to join camp staff as a counselor for the first time!
In her free time, she loves to pet dogs, go thrifting, read, and eat bizarre foods. She is an incoming sophomore at Gustavus Adolphus College and is planning on majoring in Biology and minoring in Spanish. Her long-term goals are to travel to as many countries as her mom has (that’s 23!) and try to beat her. Once camp rolls around, Sophia is excited to “inspire young students and to form many lasting relationships”!

EVAN LEPHART, Camp Counselor
Evan (He/Him) will be joining the WCC Summer Camp staff for his first year and is excited to be a summer camp counselor. Currently a student at the University of Minnesota, he is majoring in English and hopes to be an English teacher after graduation. He enjoys listening to music, hanging out with friends, and all sports. Having grown up attending WCC camp himself, Evan is most looking forward to making lasting memories for campers.

AMY QUAST, Camp Counselor
Amy Quast (She/Her) is thrilled to be a member of the WCC summer camp staff for the first time. She is also excited to partake in her first WCC event. Amy is a freshman at Concordia College in Moorhead studying Chemistry and Health Care Administration with the hopes of working with oncology patients in the future! She is also a catcher and infielder for the Concordia softball team. You can find Amy hanging out with her friends, exploring the outdoors and trying something new when she is not in the classroom or on the softball field. Amy is most excited to meet and connect with new people at WCC camp 2021!

SYDNEY BAUMGARTNER, Camp Counselor
Sydney (She/Her) is excited for her first year on staff as a camp counselor. Sydney attends Concordia College in Moorhead where she is majoring in Elementary Education with a concentration in English arts. Her long-term goal is to become an Elementary school teacher! When she is not studying, Sydney enjoys singing, performing on stage, and hanging out with her friends! Sydney is looking forward to meeting campers and creating lifelong friendships with all.

ATTICUS HODGES, Co-Work Crew Director
Atticus (He/Him) is excited to return for his 7th summer and 3rd year on staff as Co-Work Crew Director. He watches films, reads books, goes on long outdoor trips, and enjoys rewatching Avatar and Gravity Falls to distract him from all his Math courses. Atticus attends the University of Minnesota-Duluth and is majoring in both Statistics and English. He hopes to one day make his own feature film, make positive impacts on people through his career, and travel. Atticus is most looking forward to helping Work Crew practice servant-leadership through serving others, and to do so himself.

ANNE MARIE ROSS, Camp Counselor
Anne Marie is very excited to return for her second year on WCC camp staff. She is currently attending Drake University, with hopes to earn a bachelor’s degree in Education and sociology. Anne Marie’s long-term goals are to become a teacher and looks forward to working with kids throughout her career. She can’t wait to have an awesome summer at Camp Chi Rho!

BEN RAMERT, Camp Counselor
This will be Ben’s first year working on the WCC Camp staff, he couldn’t be more excited to meet all the amazing campers and give them a wonderful summer like he had when he was at camp! His favorite camp activities are swimming, hammocking, and arts and crafts! Outside of camp he enjoys video games, baking and hiking.

JULIET MITCHELL, Camp Counselor
Juliet (She/Her) just finished her first year of college at Normandale and has been looking forward to camp for so long! Juliet met many wonderful campers during WCC’s Camp in a Box experience, and she cannot wait to hopefully meet them in-person! Juliet loves to be outside and creating art in the sun. She is most looking forward making connections with campers — especially in the craft cabin.

TYLER AMES, Assistant Camp Director
Hello! My name is Tyler Ames (He/Him). I am 28 and from Duluth, Minnesota, serving as Assistant Camp Director this summer. I am passionate about Camping, Outdoor and Youth Ministry. I went to Bethel University for my undergraduate degree in Missional Ministries and will be starting my Master’s in Child Youth and Family Ministry at Luther Seminary this fall. I am a 7 on the enneagram so please do not hesitate to reach out because I love meeting new people! My strengths are Adaptability, Communication, Woo, Connectedness, and Learner. I love to be active and be outside. I enjoy basketball, soccer, rock climbing, snowboarding, biking, fishing, camping and so much more!

My ministry objective is to align myself with the work that God is already doing in any ministry context. I want to be using my skills to reflect Christ’s work in me, to serve others, and to call attention to the places where God is showing up within the lives of those I will be serving.

Contact / Location
Contact info

Address: 125 Wayzata Boulevard East
Wayzata, MN 55391
Phone: 952-473-8877
Email: welcome@wayzatacommunitychurch.org

Worship / Calendar

Sunday Worship

ONLINE WORSHIP
8 a.m., 9 a.m., 10 a.m. Parables and 10:45 a.m.
on Facebook, Youtube and our website

Please visit WC-Connect for current calendar information.