Rev. Steve Wiens
Steve has 26 years of church ministry experience, most of which has been here in the Twin Cities. He served as Director of Student Ministries at Christ Presbyterian Church in Edina for 4 years. From there he moved on to Church of The Open Door in Maple Grove as Associate Senior Pastor for 6-1/2 years. In 2014 founded Genesis Covenant Church in Robbinsdale, where he serves as Senior Pastor until present. Steve has written three books. His first book, Beginnings (2016) explores the seven days of creation as a metaphor and guide for understanding the spiritual journey. His second book, Whole (2017) encourages readers to partner with God in making all things new. His third book, Shining Like the Sun (2020) offers seven mindful practices to help people find God exactly where they already are.
Steve loves preaching, writing, collaborating with staff and helping people explore their curiosity and desire as they move along the stages of faith formation. His ecumenical and imaginative approach to spiritual development encourages people to let their deep questions lead the way into new and expansive understandings of God, themselves, and the world in which they live.
• Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota — B.A., Sociology and Psychology
• Wheaton College Graduate School, Wheaton, Illinois — M.A., Educational Ministries
• North Park Seminary, Chicago, Illinois — M. Div. Equivalency for Ordination into the Evangelical Covenant Church
• Transforming Center, Wheaton, Illinois — Certificate in Spiritual Transformation
Rev. Danielle Hample Jones
Danielle has 25 years of church ministry experience. She began her ministry work at Colonial Church in Edina, MN where she served as the Director of Middle School Ministry right after college. After 3-1/2 years of ministry she went to Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, CA where she pursued a Masters of Divinity. At Fuller, Danielle’s love for the Church deepened and her ministry heart expanded as she worked at Bel Air Presbyterian Church in College Ministry, trained and led mission leadership teams, and study theology right next door to Hollywood where American culture is born. Danielle served two other churches in student ministries right after seminary (Eden Prairie Presbyterian and First Methodist, Newnan, Georgia) before being called back to Colonial to rebuild the student ministry program with her husband Brian. After a successful rebuild, Danielle moved into the role of Minister of Congregational Life and Staff Development at Colonial. After 11 years at Colonial, Danielle was called to Wayzata Community Church as the Minister of Congregational Life. Danielle’s passions include making faith relevant to real life, cultivating mission experiences for all ages, helping people discover and use their gifts in ways that impact their world, and helping people develop in the life of faith.
• Iowa State University, Ames, IA — B.A. in Sociology and Psychology
• Fuller Theolgoical Seminary, Pasadena, CA — Masters of Divinity
• Augsburg College, St. Paul, MN — Certificate of Pastoral Leadership
• Transforming Center, Wheaton, Illinois — Certification in Spiritual Transformation