Happy President’s Day!
Lent study starts around the church this Wednesday! So Come join us at 7:15 for the kick-off of Lent! It’s also our Junior and Senior MileStone this Sunday! Parent’s please join us at 10:15 am in the Loft!
Make sure you sign up for camp! We currently still have spots open in sessions 2 and 3 and would love to see you there! Please know that you can switch to sessions 2 or 3 to be with your friends!
What’s in this High School Ministry News?
- Weekly Ministry- Acts Wednesday at 7:15 pm and Pathways Sunday at 10:15 am.
- Save the Date- Mexico, Colorado, Camp and more!
- Mission Trip- We’re going to Mexico! Click here to learn what we’re doing!
- Colorado- Our first trip meeting is this Sunday, February 25th!
- Work Crew- Fill out an application today!
- Camp– Registration is open! Sign up for HS camp sessions 2 and 3 today!
- Bridge Builders- Earn money for WCC Opportunities from WCC Opportunities!
- Milestone Ministry Dates- 11th & 12th: February 25th and April 22nd, 9th & 10th: April 15th
- Parables Buddy Program- Become a buddy to empower people with disabilities and special needs! Information session on February 25th!
- Acts is on Wednesday at 7:15 pm in the Loft! Join us for music, snacks, discussion, and more!
- Pathways will be Sunday at 10:15 am in the Loft! Seniors and Juniors, it is a MileStone for you this Sunday (otherwise known as bring your parents to Pathways day!) please join us with your parents at 10:15 in the Loft! Our first Colorado Meeting will be at noon this Sunday as well, right after the Parables kick-off! Woo a fun-filled Sunday!
We will be serving on a mission trip this year in Mexico! We will be traveling to Tecate, Mexico from March 29th – April 3rd to build houses for those in need of them. We have limited spots available so please reach out to Gabe or Jordan if at all interested in attending this trip with us.
First trip meeting is February 25th! See you there! Registration is closed! This summer we’ll be hiking in the Colorado Rocky Mountains from July 7th to July 15th. If you have any questions about what this trip entails both logistically or spiritually please do not hesitate to reach out to Jordan.
Work Crew is an opportunity for incoming 10th-outgoing 12th grade students. This is an opportunity for an extended service-based faith experience beyond camp. Each session devotes two camp sessions to serving God, the camp, and the campers. By doing much of the behind-the-scenes work that enables camp to run so smoothly, the participants learn how to give of themselves without seeking credit or praise. The Work Crew experience is the next step after a session at camp, in pursuit of a deeper understanding of faith and faithful living through the example of Jesus.
WORK CREW 2018 SESSIONS
• Session 1: Sunday, June 10 – Friday, June 22 (For graduated seniors only)
• Session 2: Saturday, June 23 – Tuesday, July 3
• Session 3: Thursday, July 5 – Saturday, July 14
• Session 4: Sunday, July 15 – Friday, July 27
Registration for camp is now open! Please click here to register for either High School Camp 2 or High School Camp 3. Our first session is filled, sign up to make sure you get a spot in another session! Please note you have the option of switching into session 2 or 3 if your friends were unable to get into session 1!
- [FULL] HS #1-Sunday, June 10 through Saturday, June 16
- [Spots Available] HS #2-Wednesday, June 27 through Tuesday, July 3
- [Spots Available] HS #3-Saturday, July 21 through Friday, July 27
View a highlight video of High School Camp 2017 by clicking here!
Bridge Builders is an exciting new opportunity for students to earn money from us that goes directly towards exciting opportunities that we offer here at Wayzata Community Church like; Summer Camp, Fall or Spring Retreats; Graduated Senior Colorado Trip; Mexico Mission Trip; and more! It works by signing up through sign up genius and helping out at one of the events listed below, we pay you money through these events that goes directly towards a church event!
*We also have scholarship money available if this funding is insufficient.
Upcoming dates for all grades in Milestone Ministries are as follows:
9th & 10th Graders: April 15th
11th & 12th Graders: February 25th and April 22nd
All Milestones will meet at our normal Pathways time on Sunday at 10:15 am in the Loft. More information on Milestones below.
You may of heard of our Stepping Stones Family ministry. This year we are recreating, and amplifying that ministry and giving it a new name. MILESTONES is a re-newed learning opportunity for families with children creating a significant link between the church and home, while also fostering a sense of community among families.
The Parables Ministry will be launching a Parables Buddy Program on February 25, and we would love to have you join us. Parables is a Sunday morning worship service and ministry designed to empower people with disabilities and special needs. It’s a sacredly chaotic time where people of ALL abilities come together to celebrate who God uniquely created each of us to be. We have lots of opportunities to get involved— weekly to occasional events — with both long- and short- term commitments. We will provide all the necessary training. Smiles and hugs are a guarantee.
- 11:30 am – 12 noon in the Colonnade
(Pizza and drinks will be provided following this session)
Come See Me!
Fill out this Come See Me! form and we’ll try and do exactly that! We love seeing you inside the church and at our events but let us come see you at your events!
Connect with us
Big Smiles to you,
Jordan and Gabe