Programming starts up again this week so we will see you tomorrow at 7:15 pm for our first Acts of the year! Ward Brehm will be joining us on Sunday, January 7th for Pathways, particularly for the 11th graders so make sure to be there at 10:15 am!
Let us know if you’re interested in attending our Spring Break Mission Trip to Mexico ASAP! Seniors, please let us know if you’re interested in our Discipleship Trip to Colorado before January 29th!
Please email Jordan or Gabe if you have any questions, want more information, or just want to say hi!
What’s in this High School Ministry News?
- Weekly Ministry- Acts Wednesday at 7:15 pm and Pathways Sunday at 10:15 am.
- Save the Date- Mexico, Colorado, and more!
- College Intern– WCC High School Ministry Alumnus, Sam Kottke joins us as an intern for his J-Term to learn more about a career in ministry!
- Mission Trip- We’re going to Mexico! Limited Spots available reach out ASAP!
- Colorado Registration- Backpack with us in the Rocky Mountains from July 7th-15th! Don’t miss out on this once in a lifetime discipleship experience!
- Bridge Builders- Earn money for WCC Opportunities from WCC Opportunities!
- Milestone Ministry Dates- 9th & 10th: January 21st and April 15th, 11th & 12th: February 25th and April 22nd
- Acts is back on for the first time of 2018 this Wednesday at 7:15 pm! Join us for music, message, and discussion!
- Pathways will be back on this Sunday at 10:15 am! This is a special Sunday (especially for our Junior Class) as Ward Brehm is speaking to our students about his advocacy work and then here for further discussion with the 11th graders.
College Intern Spotlight
Sam Kottke, an alumnus of our program will be spending part of January with us for his J-Term internship. Sam currently is a sophomore at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa and is double majoring in English Education and Religious Studies.
We are delighted to have him back with us and to work along side him as he explores a career in ministry! Sam also served as a Camp Counselor for Wayzata Community Church Camp this previous summer at Bay Lake and is excited to grow upon the relationships he made there.
Mexico Mission Trip (March 29th-April 3rd) – Register Today!
We will be serving on a mission trip this year in Mexico! We will be traveling to Tecate, Mexico from March 29th – April 3rd to build houses for those in need of them. We have limited spots available so please reach out to Gabe or Jordan if at all interested in attending this trip with us.
2018 Spring Break Mission Trip to Mexico – Registration Link
Colorado 2018 registration will close on January 29th so sign up as soon as possible! This trip is for all high school seniors who will graduate in 2018! This is a journey of discipleship where we ‘follow Jesus into the wilderness’. This summer we’ll be hiking in the Colorado Rocky Mountains from July 7th to July 15th. If you have any questions about what this trip entails both logistically or spiritually please do not hesitate to reach out to Jordan.
*Please let us know if you need scholarship help and we are more than happy to speak with you about options.
Bridge Builders is an exciting new opportunity for students to earn money from us that goes directly towards exciting opportunities that we offer here at Wayzata Community Church like; Summer Camp, Fall or Spring Retreats; Graduated Senior Colorado Trip; Mexico Mission Trip; and more! It works by signing up through sign up genius and helping out at one of the events listed below, we pay you money through these events that goes directly towards a church event! Please email Gabe with which event you’d like your money to be put towards!
*We also have scholarship money available if this funding is insufficient.
Upcoming dates for all grades in Milestone Ministries are as follows:
9th & 10th Graders: January 21st and April 15th
11th & 12th Graders: February 25th and April 22nd
All Milestones will meet at our normal Pathways time on Sunday at 10:15 am in the Loft. More information on Milestones below.
You may of heard of our Stepping Stones Family ministry. This year we are recreating, and amplifying that ministry and giving it a new name. MILESTONES is a re-newed learning opportunity for families with children creating a significant link between the church and home, while also fostering a sense of community among families.
Come See Me!
Fill out this Come See Me! form and we’ll try and do exactly that! We love seeing you inside the church and at our events but let us come see you at your events!
Connect with us
Big Smiles to you,
Jordan and Gabe
Gabe Flynn: 952.473.8877, email@example.com
Jordan Masters: 612.226.9467, firstname.lastname@example.org