Hello from Wayzata Community Church Middle School Ministry
Hi WCCMS Families,
Summer is right around the corner and we are SO EXCITED for all the great experiences we have planned for Middle Schoolers at WCC this Summer! Scroll down to check them out!
What’s in this newsletter:
- A look back on this year…
- How to get your Middle Schooler Connected…Mission Trip
- Summer Stretch- space is limited!
- VBS Jr Counselor
- Last Weeks Happenings
- What’s Coming Up?
- Before your calendar fills, Save these Spring Dates!
- Where’s CBW?
A look back on this year…
Thank you Middle Schoolers and family members for helping to make our 2017-2018 program year WONDERFUL! We got to experience a lot together and grow in relationship with each other and with God. We hope you have a fun and safe Summer and that we get to see you sometime this Summer through WCC Summer Camp, Middle School Mission Trip, Summer Stretch, VBS Jr Counselor or at WOW- Music+Message on the Lawn.
How to get your Middle Schooler Connected… Mission Trip!
A few weeks ago at our 8th Grade Celebration, one of our 8th grade guys shared that he didn’t really come alot or wasn’t really connected to Middle School Ministry at WCC until he went on the Mission Trip last year. Now he tries to make it to church every Wednesday and Sunday that he can!
WHEN WE GET AWAY OVERNIGHT WITH ONE ANOTHER, THAT IS WHEN REAL GROWTH AND TRANSFORMATION HAPPENS.
(current 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th graders)
- Wednesday, June 27 (8:30am-4:30 pm)
- IOCP Food Shelf Project, Folkestone & Valleyfair
- Wednesday, July 11 (8:30am-4: 30 pm)
- The Sandwich Project & Twins Game vs KC Royals
- Wednesday, August 8 (8:30am-4:30 pm)
- 2nd Harvest Heartland & Bunker Beach Water Park
Start and end your summer with us as we stretch our faith through service projects and fun fellowship activities. Summer Stretch is an all-day activity. Please plan to be a part of the whole day.
Middle School kids are invited to participate in VBS as junior counselors for the week. As a part of this experience, they’ll attend a training session, help paint VBS sets throughout the summer (includes snack and lunch), and receive a leader t-shirt. Then during VBS week ,they get to help kids make crafts, sing and dance, play and have a lot of fun!
Last Weeks Happenings:
Last week was a bittersweet day as we enjoy our last Wednesday or the School year. We talked about claiming our truths even though we might not have all the “answers” and had some fun with our small groups!
What’s Coming Up?
WEDNESDAY, MAY 30
- 6:30-8 MISSION TRIP FULL TEAM MEETING!!!
Before your Calendar Fills! Save these Dates!
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 30 (6:30-8PM)– Mission Trip Mandatory Team Meeting
- SUNDAY, JUNE 10- SATURDAY, JUNE 16- High School Camp 1
- SUNDAY, JUNE 17- FRIDAY, JUNE 22- Middle School Camp 1
- WEDNESDAY, JUNE 27, JULY 11 AND AUGUST 8 (8:30AM-4:30PM)- Summer Stretch
- WEDNESDAY, JUNE 27-TUESDAY, JULY 3- High School Camp 2
- THURSDAY, JULY 5- TUESDAY, JULY 10- Middle School Camp 2
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 11 (7:30-9PM)- Mission Trip Mandatory Team Meeting
- SUNDAY, JULY 15- FRIDAY, JULY 20- Middle School Camp 3
- SATURDAY, JULY 21- FRIDAY, JULY 27- High School Camp 3
- SUNDAY, JULY 22- FRIDAY, JULY 27- Mission Trip
- FRIDAY, JULY 27- MONDAY, JULY 30- All Church Camp
Ecal Person? ADD ALL MIDDLE SCHOOL EVENTS to your Google Calendar, Apple iCal or Microsoft Outlook, please copy the following link and find the subscribe area for your calendar:
Paper Person? Pick up a paper calendar by the Middle School Corner.
App Person? You can download the Wayzata Community Church app and get notification and info sent right to your smartphone!
I LOVE SEEING WHAT MIDDLE SCHOOLERS ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT OUTSIDE OF WCC but getting their event schedule is pretty challenging sometimes! I need your help, please let me know about your middle schooler’s events (THINK PLAYS, GAMES, MUSICAL PERFORMANCES, SHOWS, SCHOLAR COMPETITIONS, ETC!)
Here’s how you can let me know about upcoming dates:
- Put a note in the Where’s CBW Mailbox in the Middle School Corner at WCC OR
- Fill out this quick 5 questions request to let me know when and where to go.
Thanks for letting me know! I try my best to make it to their events when I know about them.
To stay up-to-date with what is going on in the Middle School Program, see photos and video from past events and find out about upcoming events, check out our website or follow us on social media!
Have a beautiful week!
Christa Bowman Workmon
Director of Middle School Ministry
Wayzata Community Church
952-473-8877 ext. 233