Hello from Wayzata Community Church Middle School Ministry
Hi WCCMS Families,
Hope you’re enjoying a great Presidents Day Weekend! We’ve got a great group of Middle Schoolers enjoying the slopes of Powder Ridge today!
What’s in this newsletter:
- WHIRLYBALL & LASER TAG?!?
- Make a new friend through this incredible experience!
- Middle School Summer Registrations Now Open!
- Last weeks Happenings
- What’s Coming Up?
- Before your calendar fills, Save these Winter & Spring Dates!
- Where’s CBW?
Winter Fun Crossroads- Wed 2/28
We’re headed offsite for the night to have some fun. We will play laser tag & whirlyball with friends and middle school leaders! So, wear athletic clothing and be ready to have some fun! Check-in will begin at the West Entrance at 5:45 pm and we will leave by 6 pm, returning by 8:30 pm.
Friends are always welcome to join us! AND NEW FRIENDS USE DISCOUNT CODE (“NEWFRIEND”) TO GET 50% OFF!
registration closes at 12noon on Wed 2/28/18
Make a new friend!
Parables Buddy Program Information Sessions- Sunday, February 25
Session 1: 10:10-10:40 a.m. or Session 2: 11:30 a.m.-12 noon (Pizza and drinks will be provided following this session) in the Colonnade
Attention all 13-25 Year Olds! Come join us at our first (ever) Information Session in February and learn how you can get involved in an immediate way to “Inspire the world with the inclusive love of Jesus.”
The Parables Ministry will be launching a Parables Buddy Program on February 25, and we would love to have you join us. Parables is a Sunday morning worship service and ministry designed to empower people with disabilities and special needs. It’s a sacredly chaotic time where people of ALL abilities come together to celebrate who God uniquely created each of us to be. We have lots of opportunities to get involved— weekly to occasional events — with both long- and short- term commitments. We will provide all the necessary training. Smiles and hugs are a guarantee.
This is also a great resume builder for college and job applications down the road. We hope to see you there!
We have a lot of wonderful ministries planned for our WCC Middle Schoolers and their friends this Summer!
Middle School Mission Trip- Northland- Moorhead/Fargo & Fergus Fall (current 6th, 7th & 8th graders)
Sunday, July 22- Friday, July 27
Summer Stretch (current 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th graders)
3 Wednesdays (8:30am- 4:30pm)- June 27, July 11 & August 8
WCC Summer Camp & All Church Camp
Middle School Sessions (current 5th, 6th & 7th graders)
- MS #1 Sunday, June 17 through Friday, June 22
- MS #2 Thursday, July 5 through Tuesday, July 10
- MS #3 Sunday, July 15 through Friday, July 20
High School Sessions (current 8th graders)
- HS #1 Sunday, June 10 through Saturday, June 16
- HS #2 Wednesday, June 27 through Tuesday, July 3
- HS #3 Saturday, July 21 through Friday, July 27
- NOTE: If you are an incoming 9th grader and planning to go on the Middle School Mission Trip, register for High School Camp 1 or 2. (High School Camp 3 falls on the same week)
All Ages & Stages of the Church Family Church Camp
- Friday, July 27 through Monday, July 30
New to Middle School Ministry?
Last weeks Happenings:
We had a great Valentines Day and Ash Wednesday with our topic being trust. We had some really good conversations with our small group about what trust means and who earns our trust and who has broken our trust.
We talked about the miracle of Jesus healing Jairus’ daughter and how Jesus was never too busy to be interrupted. He was in balance. The compassion that Jesus demonstrated in this miracle should bring reassurance that He is not too busy with the rest of the world to care for me individually. We talked about how we handle interruptions in our lives and how we can be better at handling interruptions.
What’s Coming Up?
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19
- 8:30-5 Presidents Day Ski, Board & Tubing Day
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 21
- 4-6:15pm InnerChange
- 6:15pm WOW
- 7:15-8:30pm Crossroads
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 25
- 9am Seeds
- 10:45am Middle School Project Team
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28
- 4-545pm InnerChange
5:45-8:30pm Winter Fun Crossroads- offsite
SUNDAY, MARCH 4
- 9am Seeds
- 10:45am Middle School Project Team
Before your Calendar Fills! Save these Dates!
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28 (5:45-8:30PM)- Winter Fun Crossroads- offsite
- WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14- SUNDAY, MARCH 19- WCC’s Good Works Community Theater Show- Wizard of Oz
- FRIDAY, APRIL 13- SUNDAY, APRIL 15- Middle School Retreat
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25 & MAY 9 (7:15-8:30PM)- 8th Grade Milestone & Celebration
- SATURDAY, MAY 5 (3 PM) – SUNDAY MAY 6 (NOON)- 8th Graders to High School Retreat
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 2 (7:15-8:30PM)- 5th Graders at Crossroads
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 16- Last Crossroads of the Year
Ecal Person? ADD ALL MIDDLE SCHOOL EVENTS to your Google Calendar, Apple iCal or Microsoft Outlook, please copy the following link and find the subscribe area for your calendar:
Paper Person? Pick up a paper calendar by the Middle School Corner.
App Person? You can download the Wayzata Community Church app and get notification and info sent right to your smartphone!
I LOVE SEEING WHAT MIDDLE SCHOOLERS ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT OUTSIDE OF WCC but getting their event schedule is pretty challenging sometimes! I need your help, please let me know about your middle schooler’s events (THINK PLAYS, GAMES, MUSICAL PERFORMANCES, SHOWS, SCHOLAR COMPETITIONS, ETC!)
Here’s how you can let me know about upcoming dates:
- Put a note in the Where’s CBW Mailbox in the Middle School Corner at WCC OR
- Fill out this quick 5 questions request to let me know when and where to go.
Thanks for letting me know! I try my best to make it to their events when I know about them.
To stay up-to-date with what is going on in the Middle School Program, see photos and video from past events and find out about upcoming events, please check out our WCCMS website, or like us on Facebook. Let your middle schooler know we’re on Instagram- @wccms!
Have a beautiful week!
Christa Bowman Workmon
Director of Middle School Ministry
Wayzata Community Church
952-473-8877 ext. 233
WAYZATA COMMUNITY CHURCH MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER