Wayzata Community Church Middle School Ministry
Hi WCCMS Families,
Today is the first page of 2018. How will you fill your book? We hope you will jump in and make many memories at WCC this year!
What’s in this newsletter:
- Looking for an activity for your kids while they are off school?
- 6th Grade Families- don’t miss out on this time to get to know other 6th graders!
- Did someone say, GIRLS NIGHT?!
- PARENTS! WE NEED YOU!
- Have you told us about your kids yet?
- Last weeks Happenings
- What’s Coming Up?
- Before your calendar fills, Save these Winter & Spring Dates!
- Where’s CBW?
Looking for an activity for your kids while they are off school?
Join us for a fun day in the snow on MLK Jr. Day on MONDAY, JANUARY 15 at Powder Ridge. We will enjoy a full day of tubing, skiing or snowboarding from 8:30am-5pm. PICK WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO FOR THE DAY OR BRING YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT. Drop off will be at WCC at 8:30am and pick up at WCC at 5pm. Please send your child along with a lunch or money to buy lunch. Friends are always welcome to join us!
6th Grade Families
On Wednesday, January 17 from 7-8:30pm, join us as we get to know other 6th graders and their families and the 6th grade Middle School Leaders as we enjoy an evening of discussing what your middle school can look like and the independence we are trying to gain as 6th graders. This one evening Milestone is one you do not want to miss! No registration necessary.
Did someone say GIRLS NIGHT?!?
All 6th, 7th & 8th grade girls are getting together for a Girls Night on Friday, January 26 at 6 pm through Saturday, January 27 at noon. This annual event is an awesome time to get to know and have fun with each other and our Middle School Leaders. Christa has planned some great crafts, games, outside fun, baking, discussions, service projects and more. It will be a great night to hang out in our sweats with other girls. Cost is $25 and includes dinner, breakfast, snacks, lodging and activities- crafts, service projects, baking and more!
Friends new to WCC are welcome to join!
PS don’t worry Guys, your night is coming up in February!
PARENTS WE NEED YOU!
We have the pleasure of doing ministry with a lot of awesome Middle Schoolers at Wayzata Community Church and we need YOU to help make this another successful year! Please sign up to help provide snacks, doughnuts, fruit or juice or volunteer to be a part of our time together on Sunday to learn a little about Jesus’ miracles and get to know our awesome kids! No prep work is necessary!
If you have a question, please don’t hesitate to email Christa.
Have you told us about your kids yet?
Please share a little info about your Middle Schooler with us. I promise it’s worth the time it takes to fill it out for a few reasons:
- We get to know your Middle Schooler a little better
- You get to stay connected with these super fun newsletters (& get the quick links to register for events!)
- Help us plan for a great year!
- It’s FREE! That’s right! We think registering them and their involvement in Sundays and Wednesdays should just be part of being a “WCC kid!”
Last weeks Happenings:
We enjoyed Sunday After Worship with our families!
What’s Coming Up?
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 3
- 4-6:15pm InnerChange
- 6:15pm WOW
- 7:15-8:30pm Crossroads- WE’RE BACK THIS WEEK!
SUNDAY, JANUARY 7
- 9 & 10:45am Seeds
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 10
- 4-6:15pm InnerChange
- 6:15pm WOW
- 7:15-8:30pm Crossroads
SUNDAY, JANUARY 14
- 9 & 10:45am Seeds
Before your Calendar Fills! Save these Dates!
- MONDAY, JANUARY 15 (8:30AM-5PM) MLK Jr. Ski, Board & Tubing Day
- WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 17 (7-8:30 PM)- 6th Grade Milestone
- FRIDAY, JANUARY 26 (6PM) – SATURDAY 27 (NOON)- Girls’ Night
- FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9 (6 PM)- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10 (NOON)- Guys’ Night
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28 (5:45-8:30PM)- Winter Fun Crossroads- offsite
- WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14- SUNDAY, MARCH 19- WCC’s Good Works Community Theater Show- Wizard of Oz
- FRIDAY, APRIL 13- SUNDAY, APRIL 15- Middle School Retreat
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25 & MAY 9 (7:15-8:30)- 8th Grade Milestone & Celebration
- SATURDAY, MAY 5 (3 PM) – SUNDAY MAY 6 (NOON)- 8th Graders to High School Retreat
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 2 (7:15-8:30PM)- 5th Graders at Crossroads
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 16- Last Crossroads of the Year
Ecal Person? ADD ALL MIDDLE SCHOOL EVENTS to your Google Calendar, Apple iCal or Microsoft Outlook, please copy the following link and find the subscribe area for your calendar:
Paper Person? Pick up a paper calendar by the Middle School Corner.
App Person? You can download the Wayzata Community Church app and get notification and info sent right to your smartphone!
I LOVE SEEING WHAT MIDDLE SCHOOLERS ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT OUTSIDE OF WCC but getting their event schedule is pretty challenging sometimes! I need your help, please let me know about your middle schooler’s events (THINK PLAYS, GAMES, MUSICAL PERFORMANCES, SHOWS, SCHOLAR COMPETITIONS, ETC!)
Here’s how you can let me know about upcoming dates:
- Put a note in the Where’s CBW Mailbox in the Middle School Corner at WCC OR
- Fill out this quick 5 questions request to let me know when and where to go.
Thanks for letting me know! I try my best to make it to their events when I know about them.
To stay up-to-date with what is going on in the Middle School Program, see photos and video from past events and find out about upcoming events, please check out our WCCMS website, or like us on Facebook. Let your middle schooler know we’re on Instagram- @wccms!
Have a beautiful week!
Christa Bowman Workmon
Director of Middle School Ministry
Wayzata Community Church
952-473-8877 ext. 233
WAYZATA COMMUNITY CHURCH MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER