Hello from Wayzata Community Church Middle School Ministry
Hi WCCMS Families,
Thank you to all the 6th graders and their families that came to Milestones last Wednesday. If you weren’t able to attend, grab some notes by the Middle School Corner and talk through the 10 Truths of Middle School with your 6th grader!
What’s in this newsletter:
- Guys & Girls Nights are coming up!
- Already thinking Summer?!?… we are too!
- PARENTS! WE NEED YOU!
- Have you told us about your kids yet?
- Last weeks Happenings
- What’s Coming Up?
- Before your calendar fills, Save these Winter & Spring Dates!
- Where’s CBW?
MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRLS & GUYS NIGHTS ARE COMING UP!
All 6th, 7th & 8th grade guys are getting together for some time with the guys on Friday, February 9 at 6 pm through Saturday, February 10 at noon. Nate has planned some great games, competitions, fun for outside, discussions, and more.
GIRLS- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
REGISTRATION CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 25.
GUYS- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
REGISTRATION CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 8.
Already thinking Summer?!?…
We have a lot of amazing ministry for you Middle Schooler to be involved in this summer and we want to get the dates out to you so you can start to put them on your calendar, talk to your friends and plan to spend the summer with us!
Join us on Sunday, January 28th at 10am in the Middle School Corner to learn more about Summer Camp, Mission Trip & Summer Stretch!
Summer Camp 2018
TO BE READY FOR NEXT SUNDAY, CLICK HERE TO PUT YOUR ACCOUNT TOGETHER IN OUR NEW REGISTRATION SYSTEM!
Middle School Sessions (current 5th, 6th & 7th graders)
- MS #1 Sunday, June 17 through Friday, June 22
- MS #2 Thursday, July 5 through Tuesday, July 10
- MS #3 Sunday, July 15 through Friday, July 20
High School Sessions (current 8th graders)
- HS #1 Sunday, June 10 through Saturday, June 16
- HS #2 Wednesday, June 27 through Tuesday, July 3
- HS #3 Saturday, July 21 through Friday, July 27
- NOTE: If you are an incoming 9th grader and planning to go on the Middle School Mission Trip, register for High School Camp 1 or 2. (High School Camp 3 falls on the same week)
All Ages & Stages of the Church Family Church Camp
- Friday, July 27 through Monday, July 30
REGISTRATION OPENS AT 7AM ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 28
Middle School Mission Trip- Northland- Moorhead/Fargo & Fergus Fall (current 6th, 7th & 8th graders)
- Sunday, July 22 (morning) – Friday, July 27 (afternoon)
- NOTE: If you are an incoming 9th grader and planning to go on the Mission Trip, register for High School Camp 1 or 2. (High School Camp 3 falls on the same week)
REGISTRATION OPENS FEBRUARY 5! SPACE IS LIMITED!
Summer Stretch (current 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th graders)
- Wednesday, June 13
- Wednesday, July 11
- Wednesday, August 8
Start and end your summer with us as we stretch our faith through service projects and fun fellowship activities. Summer Stretch is an all-day activity. Please plan to be a part of the whole day.
REGISTRATION OPENS FEBRUARY 5!
PARENTS WE NEED YOU!
We have the pleasure of doing ministry with a lot of awesome Middle Schoolers at Wayzata Community Church and we need YOU to help make this another successful year! Please sign up to help provide snacks, doughnuts, fruit or juice or volunteer to be a part of our time together on Sunday to learn a little about Jesus’ miracles and get to know our awesome kids! No prep work is necessary!
If you have a question, please don’t hesitate to email Christa.
CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER!
Have you told us about your kids yet?
Please share a little info about your Middle Schooler with us. I promise it’s worth the time it takes to fill it out for a few reasons:
- We get to know your Middle Schooler a little better
- You get to stay connected with these super fun newsletters (& get the quick links to register for events!)
- Help us plan for a great year!
- It’s FREE! That’s right! We think registering them and their involvement in Sundays and Wednesdays should just be part of being a “WCC kid!”
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR MIDDLE SCHOOLER!
Last weeks Happenings:
Our 7th & 8th Graders enjoyed our third evening of hearing from Pastor Lindy as she shared a little about boundaries and what they mean in the life of a middle schooler. We focused on boundaries when it comes to our friendships and dating.
Our 6th Graders along with their parents gathered for Milestones to talk through the truths of Middle School.
We talked about Jesus calming the storm and how we are not promised that there won’t be storms in our lives when we follow Jesus, but he will always be there for us.
What’s Coming Up?
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 24
- 4-6:15pm InnerChange
- 6:15pm WOW
- 7:15-8:30pm Crossroads
FRIDAY, JANUARY 26- SATURDAY, JANUARY 27
- Girls Overnight- 6pm dropoff on Friday, 12noon pick up on Saturday
SUNDAY, JANUARY 28
- 7am WCC Summer Camp Registration Opens!
- 9am Seeds
- 10am Middle School Summer Ministry Informational Meeting
- 10:45am Project Team
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 31
- 4-6:15pm InnerChange
- 6:15pm WOW
- 7:15-8:30pm Crossroads
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 4
- SUPER BOWL OF SOUL- Enjoy worship with your family
Before your Calendar Fills! Save these Dates!
- FRIDAY, JANUARY 26 (6PM) – SATURDAY 27 (NOON)- Girls’ Night
- SUNDAY, JANUARY 28 (7AM)- WCC Summer Camp Registration Opens
- MONDAY, FEBRUARY 5- Mission Trip & Summer Stretch Registration Opens
- FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9 (6 PM)- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10 (NOON)- Guys’ Night
- MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19 (8:30-5)- Presidents Day Ski, Board & Tubing Day
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28 (5:45-8:30PM)- Winter Fun Crossroads- offsite
- WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14- SUNDAY, MARCH 19- WCC’s Good Works Community Theater Show- Wizard of Oz
- FRIDAY, APRIL 13- SUNDAY, APRIL 15- Middle School Retreat
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25 & MAY 9 (7:15-8:30)- 8th Grade Milestone & Celebration
- SATURDAY, MAY 5 (3 PM) – SUNDAY MAY 6 (NOON)- 8th Graders to High School Retreat
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 2 (7:15-8:30PM)- 5th Graders at Crossroads
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 16- Last Crossroads of the Year
Ecal Person? ADD ALL MIDDLE SCHOOL EVENTS to your Google Calendar, Apple iCal or Microsoft Outlook, please copy the following link and find the subscribe area for your calendar:
Paper Person? Pick up a paper calendar by the Middle School Corner.
App Person? You can download the Wayzata Community Church app and get notification and info sent right to your smartphone!
I LOVE SEEING WHAT MIDDLE SCHOOLERS ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT OUTSIDE OF WCC but getting their event schedule is pretty challenging sometimes! I need your help, please let me know about your middle schooler’s events (THINK PLAYS, GAMES, MUSICAL PERFORMANCES, SHOWS, SCHOLAR COMPETITIONS, ETC!)
Here’s how you can let me know about upcoming dates:
- Put a note in the Where’s CBW Mailbox in the Middle School Corner at WCC OR
- Fill out this quick 5 questions request to let me know when and where to go.
Thanks for letting me know! I try my best to make it to their events when I know about them.
To stay up-to-date with what is going on in the Middle School Program, see photos and video from past events and find out about upcoming events, please check out our WCCMS website, or like us on Facebook. Let your middle schooler know we’re on Instagram- @wccms!
Have a beautiful week!
Christa Bowman Workmon
Director of Middle School Ministry
Wayzata Community Church
952-473-8877 ext. 233
WAYZATA COMMUNITY CHURCH MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER