Hello from Wayzata Community Church Middle School Ministry
Hi WCCMS Families,
We had a fantastic Girls Night! Thanks to all the girls that joined in the fun!
What’s in this newsletter:
- Already thinking Summer?!?… we are too!
- Guys it’s your turn!
- PARENTS! WE NEED YOU!
- Have you told us about your MSer yet?
- Last weeks Happenings
- What’s Coming Up?
- Before your calendar fills, Save these Winter & Spring Dates!
- Where’s CBW?
We have a lot of amazing ministry for you Middle Schooler to be involved in this summer and we want to get the dates out to you so you can start to put them on your calendar, talk to your friends and plan to spend the summer with us!
Pick up a brochure for Camp, Summer Stretch or Mission Trip outside the Middle School Corner!
Summer Camp 2018
Middle School Sessions (current 5th, 6th & 7th graders)
- MS #1 Sunday, June 17 through Friday, June 22
- MS #2 Thursday, July 5 through Tuesday, July 10
- MS #3 Sunday, July 15 through Friday, July 20
High School Sessions (current 8th graders)
- HS #1 Sunday, June 10 through Saturday, June 16
- HS #2 Wednesday, June 27 through Tuesday, July 3
- HS #3 Saturday, July 21 through Friday, July 27
- NOTE: If you are an incoming 9th grader and planning to go on the Middle School Mission Trip, register for High School Camp 1 or 2. (High School Camp 3 falls on the same week)
All Ages & Stages of the Church Family Church Camp
- Friday, July 27 through Monday, July 30
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Middle School Mission Trip- Northland- Moorhead/Fargo & Fergus Fall (current 6th, 7th & 8th graders)
- Sunday, July 22 (morning) – Friday, July 27 (afternoon)
- NOTE: If you are an incoming 9th grader and planning to go on the Mission Trip, register for High School Camp 1 or 2. (High School Camp 3 falls on the same week)
REGISTRATION OPENS FEBRUARY 5! SPACE IS LIMITED!
Summer Stretch (current 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th graders)
- Wednesday, June 27
- Wednesday, July 11
- Wednesday, August 8
Start and end your summer with us as we stretch our faith through service projects and fun fellowship activities. Summer Stretch is an all-day activity. Please plan to be a part of the whole day.
REGISTRATION OPENS FEBRUARY 5!
GUYS IT’S YOUR TURN!
All 6th, 7th & 8th grade guys are getting together for some time with the guys on Friday, February 9 at 6 pm through Saturday, February 10 at noon. Nate has planned some great games, competitions, fun for outside, discussions, and more. This annual event is an awesome time to get to know and have fun with other middle schoolers and our Middle School Leaders. Costs is $25 and includes dinner, breakfast, snacks, lodging and all activities! Friends new to WCC are welcome to join!
REGISTRATION CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 8.
PARENTS WE NEED YOU!
We have the pleasure of doing ministry with a lot of awesome Middle Schoolers at Wayzata Community Church and we need YOU to help make this another successful year! Please sign up to help provide snacks, doughnuts, fruit or juice or volunteer to be a part of our time together on Sunday to learn a little about Jesus’ miracles and get to know our awesome kids! No prep work is necessary!
If you have a question, please don’t hesitate to email Christa.
Have you told us about your MSer yet?
Please share a little info about your Middle Schooler with us. I promise it’s worth the time it takes to fill it out for a few reasons:
- We get to know your Middle Schooler a little better
- You get to stay connected with these super fun newsletters (& get the quick links to register for events!)
- Help us plan for a great year!
- It’s FREE! That’s right! We think registering them and their involvement in Sundays and Wednesdays should just be part of being a “WCC kid!”
Last weeks Happenings:
We talked about how to have a good relationship with our self and what that looks like.
We talked about SUMMER CAMP! And all that Summer has to offer at WCC!
What’s Coming Up?
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 31
- 4-6:15pm InnerChange
- 6:15pm WOW
- 7:15-8:30pm Crossroads
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 4
- SUPER BOWL OF SOUL- Enjoy worship with your family
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 5
- REGISTRATION OPENS FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL MISSION TRIP & SUMMER STRETCH
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 7
- 4-6:15pm InnerChange
- 6:15pm WOW
- 7:15-8:30pm Crossroads
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10
- Guys Overnight- 6pm dropoff on Friday, 12noon pick up on Saturday
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 11
- 9am Seeds
- 10:45am Middle School Project Team
Before your Calendar Fills! Save these Dates!
- MONDAY, FEBRUARY 5- Mission Trip & Summer Stretch Registration Opens
- FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9 (6 PM)- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10 (NOON)- Guys’ Night
- MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19 (8:30-5)- Presidents Day Ski, Board & Tubing Day
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28 (5:45-8:30PM)- Winter Fun Crossroads- offsite
- WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14- SUNDAY, MARCH 19- WCC’s Good Works Community Theater Show- Wizard of Oz
- FRIDAY, APRIL 13- SUNDAY, APRIL 15- Middle School Retreat
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25 & MAY 9 (7:15-8:30)- 8th Grade Milestone & Celebration
- SATURDAY, MAY 5 (3 PM) – SUNDAY MAY 6 (NOON)- 8th Graders to High School Retreat
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 2 (7:15-8:30PM)- 5th Graders at Crossroads
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 16- Last Crossroads of the Year
Ecal Person? ADD ALL MIDDLE SCHOOL EVENTS to your Google Calendar, Apple iCal or Microsoft Outlook, please copy the following link and find the subscribe area for your calendar:
Paper Person? Pick up a paper calendar by the Middle School Corner.
App Person? You can download the Wayzata Community Church app and get notification and info sent right to your smartphone!
I LOVE SEEING WHAT MIDDLE SCHOOLERS ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT OUTSIDE OF WCC but getting their event schedule is pretty challenging sometimes! I need your help, please let me know about your middle schooler’s events (THINK PLAYS, GAMES, MUSICAL PERFORMANCES, SHOWS, SCHOLAR COMPETITIONS, ETC!)
Here’s how you can let me know about upcoming dates:
- Put a note in the Where’s CBW Mailbox in the Middle School Corner at WCC OR
- Fill out this quick 5 questions request to let me know when and where to go.
Thanks for letting me know! I try my best to make it to their events when I know about them.
To stay up-to-date with what is going on in the Middle School Program, see photos and video from past events and find out about upcoming events, please check out our WCCMS website, or like us on Facebook. Let your middle schooler know we’re on Instagram- @wccms!
Have a beautiful week!
Christa Bowman Workmon
Director of Middle School Ministry
Wayzata Community Church
952-473-8877 ext. 233
WAYZATA COMMUNITY CHURCH MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER