“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me”
— Matthew 25:35
If you are a small group or an individual who’s looking for a place to serve, we’ve put together a growing list of immediate opportunities where you can be Jesus’ hands and feet right here in the Twin cities area. Check out some of the local organizations/ ministries WCC partners with.
Click on the get involved button to connect and serve with these ministries.
- Interfaith Outreach: Helping families living in eight Twin Cities western suburbs overcome barriers, believe in themselves and soar to new heights.
- Cranberry Ridge: Get involved in bringing affordable housing to the western suburbs. Together with Beacon Housing Initiative we are working to create Cranberry Ridge in Plymouth.
- Families Moving Forward: (FMF) offers a temporary home to families with children in the crisis of homelessness. Working together, we create a path to stability and self-sufficiency through personalized services and ongoing community support.
- Neighborhood Program, Kimberly Meadows: In partnership with Interfaith Outreach and Community Partners, Wayzata Community Church provides monthly dinners and activities for the residents of Kimberly Meadows Townhomes (at County Roads 6 & 101). Each month we serve about 50 people.
- Loaves & Fishes: is an organization serving free, nutritious meals to those in need in nine Minnesota counties. We are the largest open to the public free meal program in the state, guided by our vision that all people, regardless of socioeconomic, cultural, religious or ethnic background, deserve to meet their basic needs for food, dignity and respect.
- Minneapolis Crisis Nursery: Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery is a trusted resource for families in their time of crisis. Our mission is to end child abuse and neglect and create strong, healthy families. We’ve been making a difference for Hennepin County families since 1983.
- Music and Memory (seniors): is an organization that brings personalized music into the lives of the elderly or infirm through digital music technology, vastly improving quality of life. We train you how to create and provide personalized playlists using iPods/MP3 Players and related digital audio systems that enable those struggling with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other cognitive and physical challenges to reconnect with the world through music-triggered memories.
- Thimble Bees: we use our hands and hearts in the creation of gifts that will help people in need by supporting those groups which work for the healing and wholeness; that seek to remedy divisions or injustices; and that promote understanding, acceptance and joyful participation within our extended community.This mission statement inspires the hard-working women of Thimble Bees as they accomplish so much to help others.
- My Very Own Bed: My Very Own Bed was created to help families get one step closer to thriving in their new homes. By providing beds and linens to kids who need them, we’re making those new homes more livable and restful. By making sure the beds and linens are new, we’re giving kids and families something all their own — not a hand-me-down.